This is a two-day intensive working session for teachers, principals, Aboriginal cultural workers, district leaders and others interested in making inquiry-informed and innovative practices a way of life in your school and district settings, using a practical inquiry and innovation framework.
You will leave well prepared to make a difference to your learners by leading inquiry-based and research-informed learning in your school during the 2016-2017 school year based on:
- Applying a disciplined framework for professional inquiry
- Exploring and learning from innovation and change cases from BC, England, New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Europe
- Developing knowledge of the key learning principles that are central to innovative learning environments
- Considering the connections between social emotional learning and physical well-being
- Utilizing the research on growth mindsets to shift the culture of your school
- Understanding how inquiry-based approaches for learners of all ages can build motivation and engagement
Exemplary inquiry leaders will be joining us during the institute sessions.