Register online at http://sd45.bc.ca/noii/ or complete this form to send payment by cheque. Be sure to register early to reserve your spot - spaces are limited!
Hotel Reservations: Book your room at the Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel, Richmond BC. Book online or call 1-800-445-8667. To qualify for the group rate of $142.00 (s/d) call prior to April 24 and indicate the Group Name: Networks of Inquiry and Innovation, or Group Code: NOII.
This year's event, "Passion and Purpose: Making It Real," will feature a number of speakers, including
- Scott Benwell, Superintendent, Vancouver Island North School District (#85)
- Bob Blacker, Write to Read Project for First Nations Communities
- Jo-Anne Chrona, Curriculum Coordinator, First Nations Education Steering Committee
- Maureen Dockendorf, Superintendent of Reading, Ministry of Education
- Sherry Elwood, Superintendent, Comox Valley School District (#71)
- Suzanne Hoffman, Superintendent, Langley School District (#35)
- David Istance, OECD's Centre for Educational Research and Innovation
- Ben Jensen, CEO, Learning First, Melbourne, Australia
- Anthony McKay, CEO of the Centre for Strategic Innovation, Melbourne, Australia
We are excited to be joined by 24 students from Grades 6 to 10 who will be acting as embedded journalists during the symposium and whose voices will add an important dimension to our discussions. We are also pleased that there will be 15 school teams sharing the focus of their inquiry work - from Vancouver Island North to Burnaby, Comox Valley to Okanagan Falls - and many places in between. Also joining us will be 10 educators from England who are part of the Whole Education Network. Their schools are part of a pilot initiative using the spiral of inquiry and they are coming to learn with us and also to share what they are doing in their schools to create greater equity and quality. Finally, there will be lots of opportunities for networking, connecting and sharing passion and purpose through a series of flash chats. Space is limited, so register soon!