Be prepared for an action packed day of learning with colleagues from across BC and the Yukon. In addition to highly interactive presentations, there will be a number of sessions designed to highlight innovative work taking place in BC schools. You will see and hear:
- how BC schools are incorporating Aboriginal ways of knowing - for all learners
- how daily physical activity is impacting learner engagement - and school culture
- the ways in which secondary schools are radically changing approaches to better meet learner needs
- why formative assessment is at the heart of a more personalized learning system - and what schools are doing to make this a way of life
- how a focus on self-regulated learning is changing the learning experiences of young and adult learners
- how schools are creating greater connections with community and strengthening links across subject areas
- the ways in which professional books clubs are shaping learning and influencing action
- how district leaders are supporting inquiry as a way of life across a number of districts
- how a discipled approach to inquiry will lead to greater quality and equity for all learners
- how we can build on the findings from the recent research studies on the Aboriginal Enhancement Schools Network and the VIU literacy initiative
We look forward to sharing with all participants news about exciting new opportunities for networking in 2013-2014.
Registration information will be out next week. Space is limited - so please make sure to register as soon as you can.